Side-by-Side Comparisons of 26 Self-Publishing Companies and 5 eBook-only Publishers
The Fifth Edition of The Fine Print of Self-Publishing provides side-by-side comparisons of 26 self-publishing companies and five ebook-only publishers in the following areas:
- Printing markups on books sold through online retailers
- Author cost per book and volume discounts
- Company policy regarding return of book production / source files
- Royalty percentages on print and ebook sales
- Royalty percentages paid by eBook-only publishers (5 companies)
- Royalty percentages paid directly by Amazon, Apple, BN.com and Kobo
Self-Publishing Companies & eBook Publishers Reviewed in The Fine Print of Self-Publishing
|Archway Publishing||Magic Valley Publishers|
|AuthorHouse||Mill City Press|
|Aventine Press||Outskirts Press|
|Balboa Press||Publish Green*|
|Dog Ear Publishing||Westbow Press|
Hyperlinked company names have a link to the full review from the 2011 Edition of The Fine Print of Self-Publishing. The other companies were not reviewed in the prior edition.
NOTE: These 2011 reviews are only provided for informational purposes. Virtually all of the companies have changed their publishing packages and pricing since then. While the contracts, royalty percentages paid, and printing markups in the 2011 edition may be similar to a company’s current royalties, printing prices, and contracts, you should buy the 2014 edition of The Fine Print or check the publisher’s website for more curent information.